Sunday, March 18, 2012

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream-Bzzagent





Just so you know, BB cream is known as a blemish base cream or blemish balm cream. It is said to have originated in Germany for laser surgery patients and has more recently been popularized by Asian actresses, especially in South Korea.  It has only begun to gain popularity recently in the United States.  (please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BB_cream and http://www.squidoo.com/b-b-cream if you'd like more information on BB Creams, as these are where I got my information). 

Here is my experience


Overall, I liked Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream.  Its coverage is amazing and it makes my skin feel amazing.  It is great if your skin needs a quick fix before you leave the house and it has a multitude of benefits.  It is a little heavier than I would like and I wish it came in more colors.  

I tried applying Garnier BB Cream with both my hands and a makeup sponge.  I found it best to apply it with my hands, smooth it out with the makeup sponge.  It seemed to go on smoother that way and I liked the way it helped me even out the cream.  I read that some people use BB Cream with foundation but I used it instead of foundation.  I followed it with my normal makeup routine of powder, blush and mascara (sometimes eyeshadow, but not everyday). 


Pros
  • Texture-creamy and smooth, Garnier bb cream is so easy to apply to the skin. It smoothes easily.
  • Size-they are very generous with the bottle size. Most foundations and tinted moisturizers run about an ounce a bottle, whereas Garnier's BB Cream is 2.5 ounces.
  •  SPF-I live in Florida and I ALWAYS wear SPF.  It is a must for the foundation and moisturizer I buy and use. 
  • Multiple Applications-BB Cream addresses "discoloration, dullness, blotchiness and dryness" (see http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/our_products/product.aspx?tpcode=our_products^prd_skincare^skin_renew^skin_renew_discover
  • It's great for anyone who likes to get up and go.  It can be applied so easily and quickly and you don't have to add anything else to make your skin look amazing.  

Cons
  • Color-I'm not so sure about Light/Medium and Medium/Dark.  I found the Medium/Dark to be a little too dark for me and I'm not sure if the Light/Medium would be too light.  I can mix them for my perfect color, but that is not always convenient. 
  • It tends to sit on the top layer of skin, which may not be bad for everyone, but I have always had a moisturizer that soaks into  the skin.  

 Here are my before and after shots.  You can definitely tell a difference.  My skin definitely looks smoother and more even.  It hid the the large pores that cover my nose and cheeks.  


BEFORE

 AFTER


 If there is anything I missed or got wrong, please feel free to comment, as I am still learning about Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream and BB Creams in general. 

Also, I received the product for free for being a bzzagent to try and review.  I have coupons if you would like one.  If you like to be a bzzagent, go here http://www.bzzagent.com/pg/About-Us.

1 comment:

  1. You look great! I just got a flashback of all the times we took the same -pose picture together through the years!

    You are such a good bzzagent ... it takes me forever to complete the tasks. i need to get to writing a review as well.

    ReplyDelete